Atlanta Yoga Class Schedule – Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga and Yoga Therapy
Welcome! For those new to the Ashtanga Vinyasa Practice, please plan to begin in our weekly Ashtanga Foundations classes, our Mindful Movement Basics series, or with individual instruction. We will guide you from here based on individual needs. Please contact us at least the day before before visiting us for the first time! Below you will find our Beginners’ series classes, our daily class schedule and a listing of our other series courses and Trauma Senstive Yoga groups. Series courses are periodic offerings. If you are interested in a particular series please let us know and we will let you know when it is next available.
Daily Class Schedule (short form, see below for details)
Monday 8:00 p.m. Ashtanga Integrated Practice
Tuesday 8:00 p.m. Ashtanga Foundations
Wednesday 8:00 p.m. Ashtanga Integrated Practice
Thursday 8:00 p.m. Trauma Sensitive Yoga (Begins February 2017; limit 6 practitioners, 10 week committment)
Sunday 10:00 a.m. Ashtanga Primary Series or Intermediate Series
Detail Daily Class Schedule
These classes may be taken individually or you may use your class card:
- Ashtanga Foundations : Tuesdays at 8:00 p.m. Our weekly entry level class explores foundational techniques. Foundations classes also serve as a space for seasoned practitioners to refine their movement and mindfulness technique in between full primary and second series practices.
- Ashtanga Primary Series or Intermediate Series : Sundays at 10:00 a.m. This class is open to all practitioners at Atlanta Yoga. We will work through the asanas of the primary or intermediate series in a steady flow interweaving technique.
- Ashtanga Integrated Practice : Mondays and Wednesdays at 8:00 p.m. This class is open to all practitioners at Atlanta Yoga. This class is a detailed exploration of select asanas of the Ashtanga Primary, Second, and Third series. Primary series is known as Yoga Chikitsa and is designed to remove obstructions from the body and mind. Second series is know as Nadi Shodhana and is more concerned with the alignment of the nervous system and subtle energy flows of the body. Third series brings the two together and challenges the practitioner to elongate the frame. Once a practitioner has settled into a disciplined practice it can be very helpful to begin to integrate the asanas of these three sequences. In this class we will begin to explore the integration of these three series of asanas in several alternative sequences.
Series Course Offerings:
These are 6 week courses. The material is presented in a sequential manner to maximize learning. Groups are kept small to allow us to pay attention to the particulars of each participant, track progress and help direct each participant’s practice as it develops. Pre-registration is required for all series courses!
- Mindful Movement Basics Learn the basics of moving mindfully through an exploration of the Ashtanga Vinyasa yoga tradition. This series course is designed to prepare you for our Foundations classes and may be taken prior to or alongside our Foundations classes. Our Next Series begins Sunday January 22nd and meets from 12 noon – 1:15 pm.
- Yoga for Arthritis This series course is designed to introduce you to the basics of yoga movement specific to the prevention and support of osteoarthritis.? We will explore the dynamic yoga movements and breath-work that support the development of core stability, strengthen spinal muscles, promote balance, encourage the development of bone growth and restore movement in body and mind. Next Series TBD.
- Trauma Sensitive Yoga This therapeutic yoga group is designed for support of complex trauma. This work is also effective for symptoms related to PTSD, anxiety, and depression. A new 9 week session will begin Thursday February 23rd and will meet from 7:45 – 8:45. Facilitated by Elizabeth Rogers, LPC, ERYT-500. Please contact Elizabeth [email@example.com or 404.273.4388] if you are interested in joining this group.